OK, so you are ready to get started with your home fitness gym but don’t know any exercises to do. This is a common roadblock but one we will overcome right now!
Now even if you don’t have a designated area for a home gym, your kitchen can double as one. You may think I’m crazy here but stay with me. Here are a handful of killer, kitchen exercises.
· You can do tricep dips on your countertop. Depending on your height you may need to bring your legs up some but this is a great tricep workout and if you lean over the countertop you can work your chest.
· Use a kitchen towel on the floor with your hands in front of your head on the kitchen towel and pull back on the way back up which is like a straight arm pushdown.
· Lay on your back on the hardwood floor, put your butt off the ground, and bring your feet back and forth towards your torso then back out.
· Do a lunge with your foot on the floor sliding back on a kitchen towel.
· You can do mini bicep curls hanging under a kitchen counter overhang.
· You can also do knee tucks on the floor with a kitchen towel. Just get in the plank position with your feet on the towel and bring your knees up towards your torso.
Now that’s a lot to soak in but a great workout just stay away from the pantry.
Outside the kitchen I have many more exercises for you. Let’s break these down as well.
· Exercise Ball Push-Ups-if these are too hard reverse the position by putting your hands on the floor and your feet on the ball.
· Lunges For Your Legs-You can add barbells if you want but go across the room and back for one set.
· Bodyweight Squats-Go as low as you can for a great lower body workout.
· Tricep Dips-similar to the kitchen exercise but use a workout bench behind you to do the dip.
· V-Sit-Ups- Lay flat on the ground and hands above the head. Bring legs into the air and hands to meet the feet.
Well I think you are armed with a dozen or more exercises to get you started. So what are you waiting for? Go give them a shot!