- Don’t eat just three times a day. An abs diet program uses six small meals a day, spread over the course of a day. This ensures that the metabolism is kept up and the dieter will not feel hungry.
- Each meal should contain at least one of the 12 groups of abs diet powerfoods. When combined together as part of a healthy diet, the 12 abs diet powerfoods will work together and will help to: build muscle, promote weight loss, strengthen bone, lower blood pressure, fight cancer, improve immune function and fight heart disease.
- An abs diet workout routine is designed to both lose fat and build muscle. The reason for this is that if we add one pound of lean muscle our body will burn up to 50 more calories a day.
- Crunches alone will not get you a set of six-pack abs. An abs diet workout routine targets all of the main muscle groups.
- Allow yourself a once a week cheat meal where you can eat anything that you want. Amazingly, this can actually help you to lose weight as research has now shown that a single day of high-calorie eating can significantly boost the metabolism.
- Save your cheat meal for the weekend, say a Friday or Saturday night. This will give you something to look forward to during the week.
- Buy a blender. Use a blender to make delicious, healthy smoothies. They are one of the best abs diet foods and are so quick and easy to make.
- If you feel the need to snack, don’t worry, it isn’t forbidden! Why not snack on a powerfood such as almonds or pumpkin seeds? One ounce of pumpkin seeds contains more than a third of our recommended daily intake of magnesium. They are both tasty and good for you!
- Start your day with a grapefruit! Studies have shown that eating one grapefruit a day can lower your bad cholesterol level by as much as ten percent and drop your blood pressure by more than five points.
- Don’t do it alone! Join a weight loss forum and share your experience with other dieters.
Source by Mark Ackerley…