Water boiled before drinking it is one of the recommended practice by health officers especially in the third world countries where their source of drinking water is not safe and sometimes the causes for some incidence of common illness for children.
Those living in the remote areas, in the farms and far flung barrios are the one victims of these infectious diseases of catching water-borne diseases because of drinking unsafe water.
To ward-off the impending occurrence of water-borne diseases, boiling your drinking water is the safest way. Study shows, that water boiled for three minutes kills bacteria, including disease-causing organisms and giardia cysts. However, boiling concentrates inorganic impurities such as nitrate and sulfates. Water that undergoes heating process also tastes flat because the carbon dioxide is removed.
In the most advanced countries, drinking water is safe and they’re already treated to meet International Safety Standard, not like in the poor countries that they’ve to dwell on making some innovation just to give safe drinking water to its populace.
And heating their water before drinking is only the best alternatives.
1. Kills some bacteria, viruses, cysts and worms.
2. The simplest and easiest method of disinfecting to remove pathogens from the water.
3. Removes some microorganisms and some chemicals and other components that can be present in drinking water.
4. Effective in destroying several classes of waterborne pathogens like; bacterial spores, fungi, protozoan, and helminth ova.
5. No need for a skills training in boiling water as long as it is boiled at the right heating temperature to kill waterborne diseases.
6. It is safe as against the fresh tap water.
7. Drinking boiled water everyday increases your blood circulation.
8. Some studies suggests that by drinking hot water, removes some built deposits in our nervous system. These deposits are responsible for creating negative thoughts and emotions.
There are still lots to learn about the importance of boiling water for the safety of our body against some major diseases that caused illness to some people especially children and adults who are vulnerable by drinking unsafe water.
Source:Adapted from Sobsey, 2002;Skinner and Shaw, 2004;WHO, 2004a, P. Laurent, et al. Household Drinking Water Systems and their Impact on People with Weakened Immunity, MSF-Holland, Public health Depart, Eubank, Wanda, et al. Univ. of Missouri Extension.
Source by Crisologo Ramasasa…