When you receive you P90X package in the mail, the first thing that you will want to do is …
Watch the "How to Bring It" introduction video!
The entire program is great and is the best program that I have ever used!
Here are a couple of suggestions of what to do on Sunday after you watch the introduction video and before you get started on the first workout on Monday …
1. Put your p90x calender on the wall somewhere you can see it every day and put a pen or marker by it or attached to it on a string.
2. Have your water bottle or container out of the cabinet and full of good filtered water. I do not recommend buying bottled water. It is not good for you, it does not quench your thirst and it cost to much. (That is my opinion)
3. Make sure your pull up station is ready with a chair nearby to assist you. They will teach you how to do modified exercises, including pull ups using a chair.
4. Have your weights set up in a place that you can quickly grab them during your workout.
5. Make sure that you have printed out the worksheets that go with P90X if you did not get some in your package and have them ready. I have the printable worksheets on my website to download if you ever need more. Find them under "Downloads" on the left sidebar of my site.
6. Get a hand towel and place it with your stuff at your workout area.
7. If you are using the bands … Have those set up and ready to go.
8. Have your yoga mat ready and nearby for when you need it. You will need it the very first day for the Ab Ripper section.
9. Make sure you have plenty of space to jump up! You don't want to throw your hands into a ceiling fan or a light fixture.
10. MOST IMPORTANT !!! Take the time to write down your fitness goals and post them where you can see them everyday and night!
11. TAKE YOUR BEFORE PICTURE !!! (I can't stress that enough.)
12. And finally … Remember this … as you are recording your information on the worksheets on the days that have them … Strive to beat what you did the time before at least by one rep and / or increase your weights .
All of these things will help prepare you to have a smooth start and a successful 90 days of P90X. Learning how to bring it, is a constant and never ending improvement.
There is a Workout Book that is available at my website for free that has a section on how to bring it in our class.
"How to bring it" isn't exactly the same as "Why to bring it". Your "Why" trumps all areas of how, so be clear on why you have chosen to take the 90 Day challenge .
Do these 12 things, watch the "How to Bring It" video, do your best and forget the rest!
Source by Matthew Stephen Thompson…